This half-day instructor-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to take basic PDF construction documents and create hyper-linked PDFs that give your project team(s) accurate drawings that include all changes and revisions.
As an optional add-on to this course, you might consider taking the Drawing
Management course as well.
The course is worth 4 Gold Seal Hours
Bluebeam Revu – Hyperlinks will help you understand:
- How to organize your PDF documents after first receiving them
- Hyperlink basics
- Improving document navigation with hyperlinks
- Managing changes and revisions
CCA Member $175 (+GST) Non-Member $225 (+GST)
The Bluebeam Revu: Document Control curriculum includes the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Revu for Drawing Management
- Classroom Exercise
Module 2: Organizing your Documents
- Page Labels
- Extract Pages
- Using Extract Pages
- Extract Pages options
Module 3: Creating A Smart Drawing Set
- Vector vs. Raster Data
- Vector Data
- Raster Data
- How the different types of Data impact your work
- Simple Hyperlinks
- Markup Hyperlinks
- Hyperlink Command
- Absolute vs. Relative Path
- Creating Hyperlinks with the Hyperlink Command
- Hyperlink to Snapshot View
- Hyperlink to a Place
- Search and Hyperlinks
- Hyperlink Search Results
- Batch Link
- Using Batch Link
Module 4: Managing Changes and Revisions
- Compare Documents
- How to use it
- Comparing Page Regions
- Overlay Pages
- How to use it
- Overlaying different size documents
- Batch Compare and Batch Overlay
- Using Batch Compare
- Using Batch Overlay
Module 5: Instructor Session: Questions and Answers
- A working knowledge of the use of personal computers
- A working knowledge of RFI’s, SI’s, and other change documentation
- Bluebeam Revu Basics training course
- Familiarity with PDF documents
- Scroll wheel mouse
- Microsoft Office Suite installed
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with sending / receiving email
Any field or office professionals in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry that needs to manage hyperlinks in PDF documents. These are typically individuals that work for the Owner, Architect, Engineer, Developer, Construction Manager, General Contractor, or Trade Contractor.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Morgan Garry is a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. He has over a decade of hands-on experience in the construction industry, including owning his own construction company and working for one of the largest GC’s in North America. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in construction management from BYU-Idaho. Most importantly, he’s a trusted expert in using Bluebeam technology on the construction site. Morgan’s classes and training have helped some of the top construction companies in North America to improve processes, workflow, and project management with Bluebeam Revu.
You will need at least TWO screens for the training to be effective.
- The first screen needs to be a Windows computer with Bluebeam Revu 2020 installed. (See bluebeam requirements below)
- The second screen is to display the Zoom meeting (this could be a second monitor, a larger tablet (9″ +) or a smart phone displayed on to a TV).
- Optional: the third screen is to display the PDF workbook (this could be a third monitor, a larger tablet (9″ +) or a smart phone displayed on to a TV).
- It is highly recommended that you also have a 3-button mouse (typical computer mouse)
Bluebeam Revu Requirements
It is highly recommend you have the most current version of Bluebeam Revu 2020 installed before the course. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). If you have 2018 or 2019 installed that might be ok, but there are a few differences that can interfere with following along. If you have 2017 or older, you are not going to be able to follow along at all, since the interface is completely different. You can download a 2020 trial below and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
You can download a free 30-day trial here: https://www.curtek.ca/bluebeam-trial
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.