Why would a Contractor, Owner Consultant or Subcontractor need to know Best Practices for closing out a construction project? The answer is simple – if you can’t get it done then you can’t reach Substantial Performance. If Clients are not able to use the facility as intended, then all involved will have to spend more time and money to wrap it up and all stakeholders’ payments will be delayed. Getting a project to Substantial Performance and then to Total Performance are two of the most difficult milestones in the construction process to achieve.
The course is worth 1 Gold Seal Credit
Closeout of a Construction Project will help you understand:
- Internal handover
- Principles of organizing early, teamwork and communication
- O&M manual development and tracking
- Closeout requirements and submissions
- Submittals requirements and submissions
- Substantial Performance requirements both contractually and regulatory
Post Construction Closeout:
- Final Completion requirements both contractually and regulatory
- Financial requirements
- Internal review and lessons learned
CCA Member $399 (+GST) Non-Member $499 (+GST)
The principles of how organizing early, teamwork and communication work together to achieve a successful project closeout will be discussed.
Participants will be introduced to best practices and “tips and tricks” which will expedite and simplify the takeover of a project by its Owner from the Contractor, who managed the construction, so that the last 3% of the project is not 15% of the effort.
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Contractors, subcontractors, owners, consultants and allied professionals in the construction industry.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC, Constructing Minds Inc. | President
Lee knows construction because she has built it. With over 30 years of construction management/General Contracting experience under her belt she has extensive knowledge of construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats. Lee is a long serving member on the National Gold Seal Committee, and the winner of the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence.” Her enthusiasm for training makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated and sought-after trainer.
- A laptop or desktop computer to access the workshop and participate in the exercises. The computer must have microphone and speaker capability to participate. It is highly suggested to use headphones plugged into the computer so that the audio connection with the workshop is clear and background noise is kept to a minimum. A camera is not required.
- All participants will be required to download this link: Windows: www.adobe.com/go/ConnectShell11 OR for Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectSetupMac . Please note: if you have previously downloaded Adobe Connect, please use this link to download the updated version. This link will also be provided in the “welcome” email sent to all participants.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.