Participants will learn how to improve the management and business systems of their construction company.
This course is eligible for 5 Gold Seal Credits upon successful completion of optional online exam. 2 Gold Seals Credits will be given to those that attend virtual session only.
Construction Business Management will help you:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
CCA Member $599 (+GST) Non-Member $699 (+GST)
Construction Owners, Managers, Estimators, Supervisors and Staff.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
President of BGC Partners Inc., Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.