Participants will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid.
This course is eligible for 5 Gold Seal Credits upon successful completion of optional online exam. 2 Gold Seals credits will be given to those that attend virtual session only.
Construction Estimating will help you:
- Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
- Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
- Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
- Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
- Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
- Formulate a bid strategy
- Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
- Become familiar with Construction Division Codes
- Understand how to present a bid
- Be familiar with how to use the bid depository and online bidding platforms
- Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
- Understand the post-bidding process
- Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
CCA Members $650 (+GST) Non-Members $750 (+GST)
This course is designed for construction estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Mark Waters CTech., GSC, is the Director of Training for BGC Partners Inc.
Mark’s career in the construction industry spans the past thirty years with experience and a unique perspective from both the general contracting and consulting engineering sides of the business. Mark is a Gold Seal Certified project manager and served many years in the industry as a senior project manager and estimator. His earlier career was field based, providing years of valuable experience as a project superintendent, general superintendent of field operations and surveying. Graduating with honours from the BCIT Geomatics Technicians program, Mark joined the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC in 1997.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future. Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.