If you’re responsible for any aspect of profitability in your company and you’ve never been trained to read, produce, and analyze financial reports, you need to take this course. Companies need to use every tool at their disposal to discover where expenses and profits are hiding. Maximizing profits and generating investment returns are two real concerns of any company – and they depend on solid financial decisions.
The course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credit
Finance & Accounting for Non-Financial Managers will help you understand:
- Forecasting project cash flows
- Evaluating major purchases
- Understanding financial terminology
- Accounting procedures and standards
- Why revenue and cost accruals produce reliable financial reports
- Financial ratios and analyses
- Risk management
- Using reports and analyses to monitor strengths and weaknesses
- The real costs of lost productivity
- Forecasting adequate revenue to ensure overheads are covered and profit is achieved
- Developing profit and revenue goals
- Increased profits and improved cash flow
CCA Member $299 (+GST) Non-Member $399 (+GST)
How are you managing high overhead costs, employee productivity and a very competitive climate? Most qualified contractors tend to focus their improvements on equipment, supplies and people. Often, they are unaware that a good financial and accounting understanding will make a significant difference in the way personnel manage the organization and their projects.
This 4- ½-day instructor-led live webinar, Gold Seal certified course, specifically focuses on non-financial managers in the construction industry and guides project managers, coordinators, estimators, field superintendents, owners and senior managers through the financial and measurement techniques needed to manage their contracting business.
This is not a sit and listen event. This is an interactive course with hands-on exercises that walk you through each step of the financial process. You’ll take home a comprehensive course manual filled with the methodologies and strategies you need to improve your business.
Project managers, coordinators, field supervisors, division managers, administrators, estimators, owners, senior managers, Gold Seal candidates and anyone who can influence project profits.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
For over 35 years Wayne Newell served in senior financial leadership roles and worked with companies in Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. His experiences and expertise, shared with many companies, has helped owners, managers, employees and businesses grow. In doing so, he has amassed a library of knowledge on what makes a successful contracting company.
In the past eighteen years he has presented his exclusive Construction Management Courses to over 3,400 construction professionals from St. John’s to Victoria. He was awarded his Certified Management Accountant (CMA now CPA) designation in 1972.
This course is highly interactive, you must have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for an in-class program.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.