Payment in the Construction Industry is a problem. This create problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other participants involved with the project (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) publish standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry.
In this half-day workshop the Payment Process in Standard Contracts (CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract, CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract, CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract) will be reviewed along with contract language from non-standard contracts which can delay payment.
It is important to recognize when your client is trying to work language into the contract which delays payment (Pay-if-Paid, Pay-when-Paid, “Notwithstanding” clauses).
The course is worth 4 Gold Seal Course Hours
Getting Paid & Managing Cash Flow will help you understand:
- CCA 28 – A Guide to Improving Cash Flow in the Construction Industry
- CCA 50 – A Prime Contractors Guide to Project Financing and Payment Security
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- CCA Banking Guide for the Canadian Construction Association
- CCDC 12 – Project Financial Information Disclosure Form
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
CCA Member $190 (+GST) Non-Member $290 (+GST)