This course is intended for participants with a basic understanding of Windows and Microsoft applications. Participants will gain efficiency in using many of Team’s features to communicate and collaborate within (and outside) their organization.
The course is worth 4 Gold Seal Hours
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
CCA Member $145 (+GST) Non-Member $210 (+GST)
What is Teams?
- Accessing Teams
- The Teams interface
- Settings and notifications
- Activity Feed
- Messaging and chats
Creating and Managing Teams
- Create a team
- Manage a team
- Standard channels
- Private channels
- Managing channels
- Channel tabs
- Channel notifications
- Call from chat
- Instant meetings
- Scheduling meetings
- Join a meeting
- Meeting settings and features
Working with Files
- Accessing files
- Sharing files
- Editing and downloading files
- Moving files
A basic knowledge of / experience with Windows and Microsoft applications, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. No prior experience with MS Teams is needed, but it is recommended to download the Teams desktop app prior to the course, as the course will be held through and will focus on the desktop app version of Teams.
Izzy Perry is an administrative professional with over twenty years of experience working with Microsoft Office. Her experience in various paralegal, corporate and government offices gives her differing perspectives to engage and develop both her knowledge and her students’ knowledge. She is passionate about computers and software and brings that passion to her work and her classes. Izzy served as President of the Canadian Sport Parachuting Association and was on their Board of Directors for five years. She is a Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator certified through the Coaching Association of Canada and the National Coaching Certification Program and has been teaching people to skydive for over ten years. Izzy was the recipient of the 2020 Canadian Sport Parachuting Association Cathy Johnson Service Award, in recognition of the outstanding support, contribution and dedication to sport parachuting in Canada.
EDUCATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS – Diploma’s – Business Office Skills, CDI, Legal Assistant, CDI, Music Performance, MacEwan University, Enhancing Workplace Resiliency, University of Fredericton.
CERTIFICATIONS – Microsoft Office Associate and Expert Certifications, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator, Coaching Association of Canada.
- The desktop app should be used for the course – Office online is similar, but is really just meant for making basic edits and formatting changes, and does not have all of the features of the desktop apps – for instance, SmartArt in Word is not available online, and there are some functions and formulas in Excel that are not available online either. This can cause a disconnect for students if discussing and practicing certain features that are not accessible. If student still wants to take the course, some things might not be possible or might look different.
- If using Office for Mac, there will be some differences as well
- Google Docs or Sheets, Pages for Mac, etc. Does Not Work. While these are the same types of programs (ie word processing or spreadsheet programs), they are not the same and won’t look the same or have the same features.
- All Microsoft courses include downloadable materials – a manual, exercise files etc. If student does not want to follow along with the manual that is ok, it is helpful to have the exercises downloaded so that they can “play along” during discussions and practice. The manual has proven very valuable to people after the course, it contains everything discussed in the course with step-by-steps, nothing needs to be memorized.
- Logging on prior to class start is recommended this allows time to sort out tech issues and download manual.
- Microsoft Office 365 versions 2016 & 2019 is recommended.
- Two monitors is preferred, one for following along and one for screen share of instructors screen.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.