For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through a team of multi-discipline trainers’, with decades of knowledge, only previously available at conferences. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This course moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned.
“This course was full of valuable information on the interpretation of different CCDC contract clauses from the different perspectives of the parties involves. It helps with strategy on how to approach potential situations with the goal of limiting conflict and promoting teamwork. Overall a valuable tool for people within industry and this approach should be more broadly used within industry.” Jaret, ITC Construction Group
This course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credits
Managing CCDC Contracts for Project Success “Do Your Job!” will help you:
- Learn which CCDC and related clauses and concepts in the different project delivery methods consistently create challenges and conflict,
- Discover what these clauses mean and why they exist
- Explore how to mitigate the pain points associated with these clauses by developing your “go forward” strategies and practices
- Apply your skills to a specific scenario by presenting possible outcomes and strategies to achieve alignment by all parties.
You can keep on doing what you are doing and expect things to get better, but we all know that is the definition of insanity! Stop the insanity and find better ways of addressing the contractual obligations you have agreed to!
CCA Member $599 (+GST) Non-Member $749 (+GST)
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it’s not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it’s about what is “written”!
Where do we run into problems most often with contract compliance and how do we mitigate these problems?
Whether you are the Project Owner, the Consultants, or the Contractors, first you need to understand what you have agreed to in the CCDC and related contracts and why the clause exists in the first place. NOT opening, reading and understanding the contract requirements until it’s too late is exactly what gets us into trouble time and time again on construction projects. Waiting until there is conflict and only then referring to the contract to see how, or if, we can get out of the problem is like playing Russian roulette.
BE AWARE: In the nuances of the prime contract clauses, there are
implications and requirements impacting all partners including the Consultants and Subcontractors.
It is recommended that students have some experience in a construction/contract management role and/or have familiarity with contract language, format, and usage. Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Understanding the impact of non-standard clauses is important for all industry partners! This course is most applicable to mid-management personnel from the following roles/disciplines who are familiar with standard contract clauses.
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Debbie Hicks, Facilitator
Mark Scharf, Owner – Walter Strachan, Consultant – Dean Slater, Contractor
“Very high-quality panel, interesting discussion and quality materials.” Matthew, Tru-Craft Roofing
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 20 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes):
- Three (3) morning sessions (3 3/4 hours each) over 3 days – 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This workshop requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant.
- Use of virtual backgrounds is not permitted.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.