From a team of multi-disciplinary trainers!
Join Us For a FREE Series Overview and start “Thinking Differently”
To manage construction today we are encouraged to “think differently”. The foundation for success is to understand the parties’ commitments, expectations, responsibilities, “whys” and risks/rewards in all the stages/components of a project. Through this 75-minute overview of the Managing Construction Series utilizing breakout and chat functions, you will whet your appetite to learn more and foster the attitude to “think differently and succeed!”
When you “KNOW” your job, you can “DO” your job! Be the Project Owner, Consultant, Contractor or Expert Advisor who is known for “doing the JOB well!”
Managing Construction Series Background:
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ decades of knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. These workshops move beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned.
A team of multi-disciplinary experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
By sharing decades of expertise from the training team, these workshops will help you to understand the roles, responsibilities and expectations of the CCDC contract clauses that are our commitments to each other. This understanding will empower you to manage and mitigate risk to ensure your project is successful.
- Project Delivery Methods – “Know Your Responsibilities!” w/ Multi-Disciplinary Trainers (October 5, 6, & 7, 2021 8:30am – 12:30pm)
- Proposal Pursuit – “Strategies for Success!” w/ Multi-Disciplinary Trainers (November 8, 9, & 10, 2021 – 8:30am – 12:30pm)
- Managing CCDC Contracts for Project Success – “Do your Job!” w/ Multi-Disciplinary Trainers (November 30, December 1 & 2, 2021 – 8:30am – 12:30pm)
- Be Afraid of Supplementaries to CCDC Contracts! – w/Multi-Disciplinary (January 18, 19, & 20, 2022 – 8:30am – 12:30pm)
- CCDC 5A+5B: Construction Management Keys to Success w/ Multi-Disciplinary Trainers (October 26, 27, & 28, 2021 – 8:30am – 12:30pm)
- CCDC 5A+5B: Construction Management Keys to Success w/ Multi-Disciplinary Trainers (February 22, 23, & 24, 2022 – 8:30am – 12:30pm)
It is recommended that students have some experience in a construction/contract management role and/or have familiarity with contract language, format, and usage. Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Understanding the impact of non-standard clauses is important for all industry partners! This workshop is most applicable to mid-management personnel from the following roles/disciplines who are familiar with standard contract clauses.
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.