For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-discipline trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This workshop moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned.
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it’s not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it’s about what is “written!“
The course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credits
Project Delivery Methods “Know Your Responsibilities” will help you:
- Learn the key characteristics
- Understand when best to use
- Discuss projects that succeeded with the model and those that did not
- Acquire key insights for success from the perspective of Owner, Consultant and Contractor
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages, risk mitigation and project approach
CCA Member $599 (+ GST) Non-Member $749 (+GST)
Whether you are a Project Owner, Consultant, or Contractor, understanding the many different project delivery options for a particular project is critical to its success. Moreover, ensuring that all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the selected project delivery is fundamental for building trust, honesty and respect.
Through a team of multi-discipline trainers with decades of experience, this Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. Each presenter will give you key insights to the success of each delivery method from the perspective of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. In addition, they will draw your attention to a few key CCDC clauses that are critical to the effectiveness of each project delivery method.
Project delivery methods covered in this workshop include:
- Construction Management for Services
- Construction Management for Services and Construction
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Methods Involving Land, Finance, Operation or Maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this workshop will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a “client” in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
It is recommended that students have some experience in a construction/contract management role and/or have familiarity with contract language, format, and usage. Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third Party Project Managers (For the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 20 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes): Date to be Determined
- Three (3) morning sessions (3 3/4 hours each) over 3 days – 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This workshop requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual curse sessions must be a paid participant.
- Use of virtual backgrounds is not permitted.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.