Create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft Project 2016. This course is for any person who has never used Microsoft Project 2016 and would like to use it as a tool to manage their projects.
The course is worth 1 Gold Seal Credit
MS Project 365 – Basic will help you:
- Create a new project plan file and enter project information
- Manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- Determine Critical Path, Total Float and Free Float
- Manage resources for a project such as Labour
- Finalize a project plan
- Print project schedules to PDF
CCA Member $295 (+GST) Non-Member $390 (+GST)
People enrolling in this course should have the following;
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with Microsoft Windows
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for owners, consultants, contractors and subcontractors in a all segments of the construction industry.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Phil Perry of Perry Educational Services Ltd has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last ten years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award.
- The desktop app should be used for the course – Office online is similar, but is really just meant for making basic edits and formatting changes, and does not have all of the features of the desktop apps – for instance, SmartArt in Word is not available online, and there are some functions and formulas in Excel that are not available online either. This can cause a disconnect for students if discussing and practicing certain features that are not accessible. If student still wants to take the course, some things might not be possible or might look different.
- If using Office for Mac, there will be some differences as well
- Google Docs or Sheets, Pages for Mac, etc. Does Not Work. While these are the same types of programs (ie word processing or spreadsheet programs), they are not the same and won’t look the same or have the same features.
- All Microsoft courses include downloadable materials – a manual, exercise files etc. If student does not want to follow along with the manual that is ok, it is helpful to have the exercises downloaded so that they can “play along” during discussions and practice. The manual has proven very valuable to people after the course, it contains everything discussed in the course with step-by-steps, nothing needs to be memorized.
- Logging on prior to class start is recommended this allows time to sort out tech issues and download manual.
- Microsoft Office 365 versions 2016 & 2019 is recommended.
- Two monitors is preferred, one for following along and one for screen share of instructors screen.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.