This course is intended for participants with little to a basic understanding of Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive. Participants will gain a basic overview of the SharePoint online platform to navigate SharePoint sites and work with lists, documents and libraries. Participants will learn how to use OneDrive to store, share and manage files.
The course is worth 4 Gold Seal Hours
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
MS SharePoint & OneDrive 365 will help you understand:
- Site Templates
- Creating Sites
- Site Navigation
- Creating lists using templates
- List columns
- List views
Working with Documents
- Checking out documents
- Deleting and restoring documents
- What is OneDrive?
- Add files to OneDrive
- View and edit files on OneDrive
- Sharing files using OneDrive
CCA Member $190(+GST) Non-Member $290 (+GST)
Little to a basic knowledge of and experience with Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive and cloud computing concepts. End-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
Izzy Perry is an administrative professional with over twenty years of experience working with Microsoft Office. Her experience in various paralegal, corporate and government offices gives her differing perspectives to engage and develop both her knowledge and her students’ knowledge. She is passionate about computers and software and brings that passion to her work and her classes. Izzy served as President of the Canadian Sport Parachuting Association and was on their Board of Directors for five years. She is a Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator certified through the Coaching Association of Canada and the National Coaching Certification Program and has been teaching people to skydive for over ten years. Izzy was the recipient of the 2020 Canadian Sport Parachuting Association Cathy Johnson Service Award, in recognition of the outstanding support, contribution and dedication to sport parachuting in Canada.
EDUCATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS – Diploma’s – Business Office Skills, CDI, Legal Assistant, CDI, Music Performance, MacEwan University, Enhancing Workplace Resiliency, University of Fredericton.
CERTIFICATIONS – Microsoft Office Associate and Expert Certifications, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator, Coaching Association of Canada.
- The desktop app should be used for the course – Office online is similar, but is really just meant for making basic edits and formatting changes, and does not have all of the features of the desktop apps – for instance, SmartArt in Word is not available online, and there are some functions and formulas in Excel that are not available online either. This can cause a disconnect for students if discussing and practicing certain features that are not accessible. If student still wants to take the course, some things might not be possible or might look different.
- If using Office for Mac, there will be some differences as well
- Google Docs or Sheets, Pages for Mac, etc. Does Not Work. While these are the same types of programs (ie word processing or spreadsheet programs), they are not the same and won’t look the same or have the same features.
- All Microsoft courses include downloadable materials – a manual, exercise files etc. If student does not want to follow along with the manual that is ok, it is helpful to have the exercises downloaded so that they can “play along” during discussions and practice. The manual has proven very valuable to people after the course, it contains everything discussed in the course with step-by-steps, nothing needs to be memorized.
- Logging on prior to class start is recommended this allows time to sort out tech issues and download manual.
- Microsoft Office 365 versions 2016 & 2019 is recommended.
- Two monitors is preferred, one for following along and one for screen share of instructors screen.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future. Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.