This seven-hour, Gold Seal approved, Profitable Contracting course, specially crafted for the construction industry, covers the essentials of operations and finance for contractors. Learn how to control and reduce expenses. Learn how to make more money. Learn how to rid yourself of labour productivity concerns, high overhead costs, below-budget profits and cash flow headaches. Learn how to increase cash flow and improve profits.
Profitable Contracting discusses operational and financial issues I experienced during my 35-year career. Many will apply to your company: profit requirements, estimating, project management, labour productivity, human resource skills, materials and tools management, change orders, job costing, cash flow, AR collections, risk management, overhead controls, asset controls and a host of others.
All participants receive and take home a detailed course manual complete with all the topics, exercises and schedules need to improve their business.
The course is worth 1 Gold Seal Credit
Profitable Contracting will help you understand:
- Key strategies to improve profits and cash flow
- Identify costs and solutions of lost productivity
- Effective human resource policies and procedures
- Forecast adequate revenue to ensure overheads are covered and profit is achieved
- Ensure that billings and change orders are controlled and monitored for collection
- Safeguard company assets
- Forecast company and project cash flows
- Control and/or reduce overhead costs
- Use financial reports to deliver better financial results
- Establish a strong financial awareness in all personnel who attend
CCA Member $299 (+GST) Non-Member $399 (+GST)
Owners, department and division managers, project managers, coordinators, field supervisors, estimators, senior managers, Gold Seal candidates and anyone who can influence project profits.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
For over 35 years Wayne served in senior financial leadership roles and worked with companies in Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. His experiences and expertise, shared with many companies, has helped owners, managers, employees and businesses grow. In doing so, he has amassed a library of knowledge on what makes a successful contracting company.
In the past eighteen years he has presented his exclusive Construction Management Courses to over 3,400 construction professionals from St. John’s to Victoria. He was awarded his Certified Management Accountant (CMA now CPA) designation in 1972.
This course is highly interactive, you must have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam: This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for an in-class program.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.