Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using the current PMBoK approach) and how to successfully manage a complex project.
This course is eligible for 5 Gold Seal Credits upon successful completion of optional online exam. 2 Gold Seals credits will be given to those that attend virtual session only.
Project Management will help you:
- Understand the importance of project planning
- Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
- Use the appropriate industry standardized contracts and/or Purchase Orders
- Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
- Understand the estimating process
- Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
- Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
- Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
- Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
- Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
- Use of site and office project cost control methods
- Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
- Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
- Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
- Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
- Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
- Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
CCA Member $599 (+GST) Non-Member $699 (+GST)
The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, supervisors and staff.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
President of BGC Partners Inc., Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Mark Waters CTech., GSC, is the Director of Training for BGC Partners Inc.
Mark’s career in the construction industry spans the past thirty years with experience and a unique perspective from both the general contracting and consulting engineering sides of the business. Mark is a Gold Seal Certified project manager and served many years in the industry as a senior project manager and estimator. His earlier career was field based, providing years of valuable experience as a project superintendent, general superintendent of field operations and surveying. Graduating with honours from the BCIT Geomatics Technicians program, Mark joined the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC in 1997.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.