Would you like to improve your construction site leadership skills? Participants will enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff, improve job site productivity and complete projects on time, on budget, and safely.
This course is worth 1 Gold Seal credit
Site Leadership will help you:
- Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
- Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
- Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
- Understand the Eight Wastes in order to reduce downtime and inefficiencies on site
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate effectively with each one
- Recognize substance abuse and how to deal with it appropriately
- Improve their training skills and conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
- Use collaborative decision-making skills and build a collaborative culture
- Understand the importance of ethics and safety first when leading others
The course is designed for lead hands, foremen and supervisors that want to increase their leadership effectiveness.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
President of BGC Partners Inc., Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.