This Session has been developed to provide small and medium sized contractors with an overview of social procurement: a review of the local social procurement landscape; and how you can start to prepare for the changes being introduced by social procurement.
**In-Person session will be hosted at the Calgary Construction Association Centre, seating is limited.**
The Calgary Construction Association has a duty to protect the occupants of the Construction Centre and all who visit our space. Therefore until further notice we will be observing the following measures relative to COVID :
- Registrants and attendees for any room rental, event or activity will be required to sign a declaration of full vaccination or provide proof of negative testing – similar to the REP program
- Seating will be arranged and density will be managed to facilitate 6 feet of separation
- Participants will be expected to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of separation when not seated and when moving through the public areas.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the building as well in the meeting rooms
Social Procurement will help you:
Gain knowledge on what social procurement is, what’s happening locally and what you can start doing to prepare for social procurement requirements in government or general contractor bids.
CCA Member $50.00 (+GST)
- Senior leadership of small and medium sized contractors
- Staff of small and medium sized contractors who are involved in the bid process or buying function.
Sarah Aspinall, Founder and Principal, BGSD Consulting Corporation
Sarah Aspinall is a certified supply chain management professional with over 25 years experience. She has worked in both private and public organizations and most recently founded BGSD Consulting Corporation with a focus on social and sustainable procurement advisory services to elevate community benefit.
She is the co-developer and presenter of the Social Procurement Professional Certificate course which has been delivered, to date, to over 150 participants.
You may know Sarah from formerly being the Director, Supply Management at The City of Calgary and the driving force behind their Social Procurement journey.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.