Really Great Leaders Motivate, Engage and Inspire!
Great Leaders are great communicators. In fact, leaders do their work by communicating. As such when leaders meet, negotiate, write, or network they can either clarify or confuse, motivate or demoralize, engage or enrage their people. Leaders who acquire strategic communication skills, mindsets, and attitudes set themselves apart and enjoy successes that others do not.
This course is worth 4 Gold Seal Course Hours
Facilitating Important Conversations will help you:
- Identify the components and workings of the Emotional Brain and relational feedback loops.
- Identify the anatomy/structure and dynamics of a relationship.
- Create a safe, trusting environment within which the conversation can proceed and evolve.
- Use a coach approach to identify the root issues in a difficult conversation – What’s really happening?
- Employ active listening skills that will ensure that all parties are heard, seen and understood.
- Apply techniques like labelling and re-framing to disarm emotional triggers and disrupt emotionally patterned behaviour.
- Provide effective feedback that promotes growth and engagement.
- Strengthen existing relationships and foster new ones.
CCA Member $199 (+GST) Non-Member $399 (+GST)
Leaders who acquire strategic communication skills, mindsets, and attitudes set themselves apart and enjoy successes that others do not. They understand that the most important thing a leader must do is ask the right questions and listen attentively for the answers. They know how to effectively communicate vision, initiatives, tasks, ideas and strategy to all levels of the organization.
Simply put, leaders who know how to communicate inspire their people, strengthen their companies, and increase competitive advantage!
Tony Healy, BA, CEC, President | Optimum Performance Coaching | EverydaySafe EHS Consulting Inc.
Tony is a Certified Executive Coach who is passionate about leadership coaching and draws on his broad experience in professional sports to deliver highly engaging training sessions. As an EH&S Consultant, he works with his clients to empower successful safety cultures by employing a coaching approach with their teams. Tony blends his construction expertise and experience with his background as a multi-sport, nationally ranked athlete and 15 years working as a professional, high-performance coach. This unique combination results in training that takes the most up-to-date leadership theories and practices and boils them down to the essentials so that you and your crew can walk away from a course ready to implement your new skills on site.
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 16 students.
- This course is facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the training.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the class and participate in group discussions and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
2 hours of one-on-one coaching (not mandatory for course completion).
- Coaching sessions can either scheduled as four, 30-minute sessions, or two, one-hour sessions, and must be scheduled within four weeks of the end of the course. Your course instructor will provide you with instructions on how to schedule your sessions. Attendance in coaching sessions is not mandatory for successful completion of the course.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from across Canada.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future. Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.