Construction supervisors and leaders will develop an understanding of how to manage people in a construction context. Participants will improve their skills in leadership, communication and enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture.
This course is eligible for 5 Gold Seal Credits upon successful completion of optional online exam. 2 Gold Seals credits will be given to those that attend virtual session only.
Supervisory & Management Skills will help you:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
- identify different leadership styles and approaches
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
- Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
- Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
- Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
CCA Member $650 (+GST) Non-Member $750 (+GST)
The course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Tim Williams, MBA, B.Econ., CPA, GSC, BGC Partners Inc. | President
President of BGC Partners Inc., Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
Mark Waters CTech., GSC, is the Director of Training for BGC Partners Inc.
Mark’s career in the construction industry spans the past thirty years with experience and a unique perspective from both the general contracting and consulting engineering sides of the business. Mark is a Gold Seal Certified project manager and served many years in the industry as a senior project manager and estimator. His earlier career was field based, providing years of valuable experience as a project superintendent, general superintendent of field operations and surveying. Graduating with honours from the BCIT Geomatics Technicians program, Mark joined the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC in 1997.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future. Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.