For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. Three trainers (Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor) will share their perspectives and expertise. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This workshop moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned and provides the opportunity for participants to ask questions and tap into the extensive real-life experience and expertise of the diversity of our accomplished trainers.
“Learning from your own mistakes is EXPERIENCE: Learning from the mistakes of others is WISDOM. Come and experience both the experience and wisdom of your trainers.”
Whether you are a Project Owner, Consultant, or Contractor, selecting the proper project delivery method for a particular project is critical to its success. Moreover, ensuring that all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the selected project delivery is fundamental for building trust, honesty and respect.
The course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credits
Project Delivery Methods “Know Your Responsibilities” will help you:
- Learn the key characteristics of each delivery method
- Understand when best to use each delivery method
- Discuss and review projects that both succeeded and failed with each project delivery method
- Acquire key insights for success from the perspective of Owner, Consultant and Contractor
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages, risk mitigation and project approach
“As an Owners rep, it’s great to hear from General Contractors on what their concerns are and learn how we can improve our RFP developments and where we need to be clearer with expectations.”
CCA Member $649 (+ GST) Non-Member $849 (+GST)
This Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. Each delivery method will be reviewed from the perspectives of the Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. You will gain insights to the success of each delivery method from each trainer’s experience and be pointed to the clauses in CCDC 2, 5A, 5B, 14, and 15 that are critical to the effectiveness of each delivery method.
Project delivery methods covered in this workshop include:
- Construction Management for Services
- Construction Management for Services and Construction
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Methods Involving Land, Finance, Operation or Maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this workshop will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a “client” in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
It is recommended that students have some experience in a construction/contract management role and/or have familiarity with contract language, format, and usage. Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third Party Project Managers (For the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes): Date to be Determined
- Three half day sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days
- The course curriculum is very extensive and requires a commitment by each participant to come prepared having read the written material circulated in advance of the course date. The pre-reading is essential to allow each participant to optimize his/her learning and to keep pace with the flow of the session in order for each individual to acquire a strong foundation of the subject matter.
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This workshop requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual curse sessions must be a paid participant.
- Use of virtual backgrounds is not permitted.
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future. Unless otherwise stated, every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance of this requirement.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.