Gain an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 as a project management tool. This course is for any person who has used Microsoft Project 2016 at the basic level and would like to improve their skills.
The course is worth 1 Gold Seal Credit
MS Project 365 – Intermediate will help you:
- Modify project calendars (6 and 7 day weeks, statutory holidays, etc.)
- Modify task relationships and lags to allow for buffers and concurrent activity
- Set and modify the project baseline
- Manage resources for a project such as labour and explore resource leveling options in Microsoft Excel
- Generate a cash flow projection based on the Microsoft Project schedule that can be exported into Microsoft Excel
- Sort, filter and group the project information
- Format project views and Gantt charts
- Set up a master program with subprojects for construction managers and project managers who are managing multiple projects at the same time
CCA Member $295 (+GST) Non-Member $390 (+GST)
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with any Windows operating system.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Project (any version)
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen, and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for contractors and subcontractors in all segments of the construction industry.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
Phil Perry of Perry Educational Services Ltd has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last ten years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award.
Two Monitors are recommended. One for the Student MS Project Screen and one showing the Instructor Screen. Very difficult for the student to try to see both on one computer screen!
Payment is non-refundable for cancellations made within 5 business days of the course, or non-attendance on the day. Complimentary substitution of another member of your company is accepted. If CCA has to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, CCA will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.
CANADA – ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.